Saturday, May 9, 2015

Failure #3

As I have said before, I don't mind embracing that failures I have during this Genius Hour Process. A while ago I messed up a 3D origami base. I glue each module together, so if I put 26 modules together instead of 25 modules I've already ruined the entire base and I have to start over. The 3D origami base won't be wasted - I'll use it in another art project one day.
What the base should look like
What my base basically looks like

I felt so frustrated when I realized I messed up the base. I think I was awake into the early hour of the morning and my body was giving me signs to go to bed. I actually had three failures involving 3D origami bases, but two of them mysteriously disappeared. When I look for instructions I understand what I'm supposed to do, but my mind starts wandering and next thing I know I can't connect to rows of modules.

It's always disappointing when I see a picture of how a 3D origami base should be and then I realize my failure has one module too many so the whole thing is ruined.

No comments:

Post a Comment