Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Paper Crane


My 17 paper cranes
My newest success was finding out how to make a paper crane. Paper cranes hold a very special place in my heart from a story my mom used to tell me. To this day I still have the children's book that holds that story. My interest in making paper cranes was inspired my The Paper Crane by Molly Bang. ( To watch the video of the of children's story The Paper Crane by Molly Bang Click HERE)


Between first and second period during my school day on Friday I made 17 paper cranes. It took me a few times to actually make a paper crane that looked right. I actually had five attempts of making a paper crane that I just crumpled up because I couldn't get it right.

Making paper cranes are easy after the first few attempts of making them. One of the things I love about them is how small or big they can be depending on the size of paper you make them out of. Paper cranes are also really easy to display. I haven't made any paper crane displays yet, but I am planning on doing some type of display in the near future. 









No comments:

Post a Comment