Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Documenting Goals

Aztec Calendar
created for a Social Studies project in 6th grade
I am a strong believer in documenting my goals. I have a notebook that I carry with me that contains different goals that I hope to one day accomplish. My new goal is to document the next project I start. I have a history of starting projects, that don't have instructions attached to them, and not taking a single photo of the process. The pictures on this post include some of my past projects that I haven't documented, or made instructions for. I'm excited for the next project I have in mind for Genius Hour. Since none of the projects I'm interested in doing have any type of instructions I want to be the first to make step by step instructions of how to make it.



Typewriter
created for a Social Studies project in 6th grade
In the future, I want to start making videos and blog post of instructions of how to make projects I've made in the past. Throughout the week I am going to make sure that I take pictures of the process of making my final product. If anyone is interested in knowing how to make any of the projects in the photographs - for school or otherwise - please leave a comment. If people actually care about knowing how to make models like the ones I've taken a picture of for my portfolio I will start making instructions and videos sooner.




Scroll
created for a Social Studies project in 6th grade

I can't wait until I start on my next project. The newest thing I've learned for this process is that I need to respect the creative process. Creativity involves problem solving, using objects and ideas that don't seem the relative in the slightest, and feeling comfortable to change your mind. I've gone from doing projects to finding the desire to document how I'm making them. Years of just doing art for fun have actually started to turn into something much more.

2 comments:

  1. This is so amazing. You are going to be SO HAPPY you documented things like this, and kept track of your goals. Actually, you probably already are happy you're doing that! Your blog is a fantastic way of documenting things, as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love to document my goals, so I can look back to see what I've accomplished.

      Delete