Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Failure #1

The image above is an origami  Koi fish. This origami Koi looked interesting enough for me to attempt to make it. I'm happy to say I watched a four minute video over and over to try to make this. Sadly, with no written instructions the video I watched only became frustrating. This was my first failure for Genius Hour this year. I hope that I will try this again soon to see if I can succeed at making this.

This Koi fish was my first failure and it will certainly not be my last over the next few weeks.I have recently tried a different project that did not end as well as I'd hoped. The beauty in this process is that I know I won't succeed at everything I try, but I can say what I did wrong so someone else can learn from my mistake a do better.

As soon as I try this again I will make sure to post how it goes and what websites or videos I use to accomplish it. I wish they best of luck to anyone who tries to make one of these origami Koi fish. I would love it if anyone who has succeed in making an origami Koi fish would please comment any tips for making one.

2 comments:

  1. Failure! I love it! ;) It's all part of the learning process, but I know you know that. Those look gorgeous. I've experienced the frustration of trying to do something based on a video, but not being able to do it. I did that with knitting. The woman went too fast. I would pause it, rewind, try again, over and over, to no avail. Do you know anyone who knows something about 3D origami? So you can get some help in person? Or perhaps could Skype with someone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found out there's senior at our school who is familiar with 3D origami - I'm not sure if she makes stuff or if she bought the 3D origami swan we talked about. I'll look into finding someone to work with as I continue my research.

      Delete