Friday, April 3, 2015

Genius Hour

I am currently participating in a Genius Hour project! My English teacher has graciously granted my grade level six weeks of self-chosen research, or Genius Hour.  I can't wait to start posting information about this four week adventure of research and learning. My leading question for this year is : What aesthetic creations can be made out of paper? 


For anyone that would like more information on Genius Hour click the link below.
http://www.geniushour.com/

3 comments:

  1. DD, I had no idea these were so elaborate until I watched the video! What have you made so far? Are you just working on creating the building blocks, so to speak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs. H,
      I've made a panda that is about eight inches tall. I've been making some of the building block pieces but I'm never sure how many pieces I need until I figure out what I want to build and what color pieces I need.

      Currently I'm working on making enough building blocks to make a snake that has black, green, and yellow scales.

      Delete
  2. That sounds great! You'll have a whole menagerie by the time you present this!

    ReplyDelete