Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Failure #2

I have run into my second failure through the journey of this project. I had the utterly brilliant idea, note my sarcasm, to ignore the convenient link to a template for a bird for my bird cage project. The picture on this post is of the drawings I tried to do while looking at a google image of a hummingbird. the bird was too big and not very proportional. In the end, I ended up drawing the template version of the bird on the website I was looking on.

Although, I am posting things like this so other people can see what problems I run into along the way I also have another reason for posting this. I love art. I love drawing and a lot of times I get to draw are in classes after I've finished my work. When I draw in front of people they ask questions like, "Who are you drawing?" or "What is that?" I don't mind answering questions, but the number one statement I hear is frustrating.I commonly hear people say, "I can't do anything like that." or "I wish I could draw." Not all drawings are good and the picture above is a perfect example.

Not all artsy things look good. I've always believed if you can have even a shred of confidence, try drawing. Don't judge it while you're drawing. Don't think thoughts of how bad it is. Don't block your creativity. Embrace your failures! Learn from those failures! And most importantly have some fun!

Although, I wasn't happy with how my drawing turned out I was happy I even had the opportunity to draw. Whether you think your good at something, or not, enjoy the journey it took you on. Personally, I can't wait for my next adventure in creating something out of paper!

1 comment:

  1. Those are so adorable! I'm impressed that you could make this out of paper. o.o I would have been too scared to even try. Good job!

    ReplyDelete