Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Types of Origami

I've found out some cool information today.There are different forms of origami! I've found even more possibilities to the art of paper folding.



Krigami

Krigami is a form of paper art that involves folding and cutting. Krigami comes from the Japanese language ("kiru" = to cut, "kami" = paper). Hopefully, I'll find the time to look up instructions to make something in this style.



Candy Wrapper Origami


I've tried doing something like this before,but I never knew there was a name for it. Candy wrapper origami is pretty self explanatory. Candy wrappers can be used to make different objects such as butterflies or flowers. There have even been people who create clothing out of candy wrappers.



Wet Folding Origami


Wet folding origami is a modern form of origami created by Akira Yoshizawa. This involves wetting the paper being used before folding to create a textured effect. This form of origami takes lots of practice but the effect of the technique is worth it.


Action Origami


Action origami is one of the coolest paper craft projects I've heard of. Action origami can be as simple as the 400 year old paper airplane or the cootie catcher (one of my favorites) that tells fortunes. Action origami is the process of folding paper in a way that the final product is able to move in action.











There are many different forms of origami and an endless possibility of creations that can be made. I've made a promise to myself today. I am either going to find time or make time to start, if not finish, a project this week. I am a high school student that can meet a deadline for my homework that's due but can't make a plan to do somjething I love to do and follow through with it. Even if I make something small I am going to give myself time to participate in something that makes me happy. i can't wait to explore the world of origami.


6 comments:

  1. DeDe, this is my favorite blog to read, I love that you are learning everything about your topic. Can't wait to see your next post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've been looking at your blog.I was surprised, yet excited, when I saw that you changed your driving question. I can't wait to see how you research goes.

      Delete
  2. This is amazing!!! Can't wait to see all the cool stuff you will post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm excited to see where my driving question takes me. I'm also excited to see how your research on blindness and braille reading goes.

      Delete
  3. I had no idea there were different types of origami. I always just thought it was paper folding that I've never EVER been good at. Good luck with making amazing things out of paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! I had no idea there were types of origami that involved cutting paper before I started my research. You never know :) you could be great at origami if you give it another shot.

      Delete