Friday, April 3, 2015

3D Origami Modules

I started the preparation for my Genius Hour project about a month ago (I was too excited to wait). Over Christmas Break I spent some time researching different projects that I was interested in. One day, I was looking through Pintrest and I stumbled upon 3D origami. 3D origami involves making small origami pieces called modules that are identical. These modules can fit inside of each other in different patterns to create 3D figures.

I loved the intricate pattern that the modules caused, so I started researching how to make the modules. This video was the first thing I found.

6 comments:

  1. OMG girl that is awesome. You have a bunch of fun doing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are doing this! You are such a great artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a jealous I think this is a great Idea for genius hour!!!!! Are you having fun? Can't wait for your presentation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm having loads of fun,one of the main problems I'm having is finding time to actually work on the projects :D Hopefully I can put out some more projects before the presentation.

      Delete